Dynamic rope threaded into a tubular webbing.
- Rope: dynamic rope QUASAR 9,9 mm with uniform thread & dry treatment;
- Sleeve: nylon tubular webbing 20 mm width;
- Available models: CLASSIC leash or innovative DYNAMIC leash with crinkled sleeve;
- Length: 335 cm standard or 360 cm extra-long;
- MBS: with fig-8 knot: 20 kN;
- Weight: 385 gr. for model 360 cm CLASSIC leash without rings;
- Made in: Italy.
Select the place of delivery and calculate the costs and shipping methods
Highline LEASH classic or dynamic
- The CLASSIC LEASH has the same sleeve length as the rope's length;
- The innovative DYNAMIC LEASH has a sleeve length longer than the rope's length, to ensure even better absorption of the shock with the rope core, which has a higher stretch than the sleeve itself.
The DYNAMIC LEASH has two seams at 120 cm from both ends, in order to fix the curled part of the sleeve around the central area. Thanks to these sewings, the two leash extremities show a smooth surface to knot your fig-8 knots, while the central curled part maintains the necessary dynamism to preserve all the dynamic properties of the rope, making the fall much more comfortable for your body.
What is the right LEASH length?
The standard length of a LEASH is 330 cm. With this length you can tie easily two main fig-8 knots at both ends, plus two simple safety knots with the tails, and you'll still have enough extra to walk without feeling retreated.
The extra long 360 cm LEASH is used by people who are taller than 180 cm or if you prefer more length for trick-highlining. The extra length is also useful fo our VORTEX, which demands more length for the knot, compared to the ALUMINUM LEASH RINGS.
Why using 2 rings instead of just one?
FORGED ALUMINUM RINGS have a breaking strength of 39 kN each. It is recommended to always use two rings not to increase the strength of the system, but to increase the impacted surface on the webbing and dissipate with more efficiency the fall's energy.
To keep the two rings always together, we recommend to tape them on the outside with electrical tape.
30 cm of TENDER line as additional protection sleeve
The greatest stress for a LEASH during a leashfall is the contact area with the rings. To reduce wear on your leash, we suggest to add an additional protection sleeve made of 30 cm of TENDER LINE webbing to your leash rope.
WARNING: in case of using a LEASH with a VORTEX ring, the additional 30 cm TENDER sleeve is mandatory for correct VORTEX usage.
Partner check and warnings
Read carefully the manual of each product and before every use always check, through a partner's check, the following:
- the LEASH is in perfect condition, with no signs of wear;
- the harness is properly closed;
- the fig-8 knot has been correctly tied to the harness;
- the ring is correctly inserted to the highline;
- the fig-8 knot has been properly tied to the ring or rings;
- all the knots have sufficient leftover rope (tail), minimum 12 cm.
Remember that our LEASH is not a personal protective equipment (PPE). Never use this device without an experienced highliner who supervises you and takes sufficient precautions and safety measures. Slacklining and especially Highlining do not have any standards in law yet. For this reason all manufacturers, including ourselves, have the duty to declare officially these products as not suitable for Highlining.
Transport, storage and lifespan
Remember to always keep your LEASH far from sharp objects; store it in a dry place and away from direct sunlight, avoid contact with acids or solvents. In case of contact with salt, wash it with clean water. Always undo all tied knots during storing your LEASH.
Under normal use conditions, the LEASH follows a lifespan indicated by the rope QUASAR 9.9 mm manufacturer (CAMP). In general, a limit of 10 years is considered, but life is significantly reduced on the basis of: exposure to UV rays, salt, ice and contact with chemical agents.
In the event of neat abrasion marks, cuts or deformations, the product must be immediately replaced, therefore its life can be reduced to a single use. The rings must always maintain their original shape without deformation, cracks or sign of wear. Contact us for any clarification needed.
- SUGGESTED FOR