OVAL QUICK LINKS
Oval quick links of zinc coated steel
The oval shape and smooth surface makes it a universal connector for slacklines, longlines and highlines.
- 8 mm 25 kN: great to connect abrasion sensitive gear, like webbing sewn loops;
- 10 mm 40 kN: to connect almost all your different type of gear: linelocks, pulleys, backups, slings and multi point rock bolts anchors;
- 12 mm 60 kN: the strongest, to connect safely to: linelocks, pulleys, backups, slings and multi point rock bolts anchors.
A quick link is a cheaper and smaller connector than a carabiner but at the same size it is much stronger. The quick link is a perfect connector for anything that is meant to be permanently installed, not like a carabiner, which is meant to be opened and closed repeatedly.
Oval Quick links of galvanized steel
These quick links are made of steel and are galvanized to prevent corrosion and oxidation when remaining in humid environments. In case of salty marine environments, it is necessary though to choose stainless steel quick links.
OVAL Quick links
Designed to work in linear loads and as well available in a twisted version to connect elements rotated by 90 °, these quick links are an alternative to carabiners and an excellent connector inside a pulley system or for a Highline set-up.
- To connect a static rope with a knot to a fixed part of a pulley system;
- To connect to an anchor plate;
- To connect a static rope to rock anchor plates for a Highline set-up (in case of a round sling, it is recommended to use Delta quick links);
- To connect the backup line of a highline to the splitting points (T-Loop or Fractio);
- To connect the sewn loops of a main highline.
- To connect a round sling spanset to a pulley or to a line lock;
- Together with a shackle it can become the lock pin of a linelock for a slackline.
- Equalized slings for a tri-load set-up.
|Diameter||8 mm||10 mm||12 mm|
|Material||Zinc coated steel|
|Screw opening||12 mm||12 mm||16 mm|
|Inner width||17 mm||21 mm||23 mm|
|Working load WLL||7 kN||11 kN||15 kN|
|Breaking strength MBS||35 kN||50 kN||75 kN|
|Weight||77 gr.||137 gr.||234 gr.|
|Certification||CE, EN 12275|
|Country of manufacture||Taiwan|
Always check if you have closed the quick links before use. If you forget closing, they may bend quickly when under tension. For a permanent safety lock, they must be closed with a wrench. It is possible to use tape around the quick link if you intend to increase safety by leaving them permanently locked. Finger pressure strength is sufficient to use as a semi-permanent connector.
When you have finished using it, keep the quick link screw closed even when at rest. In fact, in the case of non-use over a long period, with exposure to open air, dust or atmospheric agents, the nut could get stuck permanently.
- Galvanised steel
- CE, EN 12275