SEWN LOOP LONGLINE
Sewn Loop Longline
- Structure: SINGLE = one sewn end loop; DOUBLE = 2 sewn end loops (1 m total length on webbing);
- High-Tenacity: made in Germany (GUTERMANN) polyester yarn;
- Inner diameter: 13 cm;
- Protection to prevent abrasion: chose between one CLASSIC tubular sleeve or doubled tubular JUMBO sleeve;
- Minimum Breaking Strength: keeping between 80% and 100% MBS of webbing's original MBS;
- Compatibility: available for all 15-26 mm webbings;
- Compatibility Connecters: 8 mm OVAL QUICKLINKS or larger (with JUMBO even small SOFTSHACKLES of 5mm diameter).
*REQUIRES THE ACCOMPANYING PURCHASE OF ANY LONGLINE WEBBING.
Select the place of delivery and calculate the costs and shipping methods
Sewn loop on webbing tails
Choose SINGLE or DOUBLE Sewn Loop
With the SINGLE sewn loop for your Longline you can easily connect your webbing directly to a 1,5T BOW SHACKLES STAINLESS STEEL. This solution is perfect for a light travel set up: only one LINELOCK will be needed to work for your preferred tension.
With the DOUBLE sewn loop for your longline, you'll have two end loops:
- Main loop: this is the one that takes all tension; it links the slackline to a connector (such as a 1,5T BOW SHACKLES STAINLESS STEEL).
- Back-up loop: this part is supposed to be connected to another anchor point of your set-up and needs to be left slack, protected and without any tension.
Our single or double SEWN LOOP is compatible with all other standard connectors like shackles (even softshackles), carbiners, oval or delta quicklinks.
You can request it for both sides of your new Slackline. Simply order two SINGLE or DOUBLE SEWN LOOPS and we'll understand!
Choose the CLASSIC or JUMBO protection Sleeve
Before being sewn into a loop, the webbing is threaded into a tubular webbing that acts as a protective anti-abrasion sleeve. We offer two different kinds of protection sleeve:
- CLASSIC: it is a single, tubular layer protection and is ideal for most common situations, such as with shackles or carabiners.
- JUMBO: is an innovative, new system with a tubular, double layer of protection, which increases abrasion resistance and makes the use of small connectors (such as the Ø4 mm SOFT SHAKES or the Ø5 mm diameter dyneema ropes) concernless.
How to compose a longline with SINGLE SEWN LOOP on one side and DOUBLE SEWN LOOP on the other side?
Just create your set-up by adding the webbing length into your shopping cart (i.e. 100 m) and add both options to you order: 1x SINGLE SEWN LOOP + 1x DOUBLE SEWN LOOP.
The SINGLE LOOP is perfect for directly connecting a longline to a main anchor connector. While the DOUBLE SEWN LOOP offers more safety, while including a main and a backup loop connection.
Remember that the DOUBLE SEWN LOOP takes up to 1.2m of length, we recommend therefore adding 1m extra to your webbing order.
Do not use the "Girth Hitch" technique with your webbing
We recommend always using extra slings and connectors to set up your slackline. Filling your webbing around a tree directly, using the loop and some tree protection may only be safe on small Slacklines of around 5-25 m length.
The "girth hitch" technique may result in too much stress on the webbing and you may increase the risk of breaking your set-up.
Can I get the loops for my 50 mm slackline ?
Unfortunately not, sorry but we only offer this service for 15-26 mm wide Slacklines.
Safety, Warnings and Reliability
This specific item cannot be considered as PPE approved (personal protective equipment). Within slacklining and especially around all Highline practices we have not yet any specific standardized law regulations concerning gear or set-ups. It is therefore impossible for us to guarantee a standardized product safety for Highline use.
All of our gear has been thoroughly tested in external institutions and within our own company.
The results have no legal value, but we aim to ensure maximum safety for a general, responsible use of our products.
Every user has its own responsibility to choose the right device and use correctly for any specific situation, if not through its own competence than by reassuring its action by another expert slackliner.
- MINIMUM BREAKING STRENGTH
- Webbing 80% MBS
- MAXIMUM BREAKING STRENGTH
- 100% of the webbing resistance
- SUGGESTED WORKING LOAD
- Same as webbing